Toolbox of Recommended Resources
I thought it might be helpful to create a toolbox of resources for your easy reference. Some I believe are the bare minimum requirements to functioning online as a business. And yet others are recommended as they might be a useful tool for you.
Each one of the tools in this toolbox I have personally used for my business and recommend without hesitation.
It’s important to note some of these tools have affiliate links which might earn me a commission. I recommend these tools because I value them and use them personally.
- NameCheap: Domain registrar with easy process, full set of features, privacy security and great prices.
- HostGator: Full features, easy setups, and responsive tech support (Coupon Code for 25% Off on Sign-up = BlueLobster25)
Blogging – WordPress
- WordPress: The #1 Blog Publishing Platform. It’s Free and customizes very easily with great support. You can find many free themes to get started here as well.
- ThemeForest: individual themes of top notch quality used on 1000’s of websites. (Select WordPress menu item)
- CodeCanyon: some of the best premium WordPress plugins to add instant functionality to your website. (Select WordPress menu item)
- Free WordPress Training & Tutorials:
- Premium WordPress Training:
- How to Start a Blog That Matters: the best video learning material if you’re starting from scratch, and includes a 90-day blog action plan.
- 31 Days to Build a Better Blog: A wonderful ebook resource that takes you from zero-to-blogging in 1 month (or at your own pace). Provides a daily task, teaching & further readings.
- Mailchimp: the top email marketing software on the internet.
- BigCommerce: All-in-one, easy to use, SEO, sell on eBay, Facebook, iPhone/iPad, marketing tools and more. 15 day free trial and no credit card required.